To respond to COVID-19, over the past few weeks, we have applied the necessary protocols to protect you and our employees. Our services and procedures were modified and some activities, such as milking supervision, advisory services, and proAction validations, were suspended.
The Dairy Farmers of Quebec, along with other dairy sector organizations, have authorized a gradual resumption of on-farm services, subject to mandatory security measures. See the official press release from Les Producteurs laitiers du Québec (in French only).
As our services gradually resume, we will continue to support our employees with the personal protective equipment and training necessary for their safety, as well as yours. Below is a schedule of how our services will resume in Quebec.
- May 13, 2020 – Advisory Services
- May 19, 2020 – Milking Supervision
- May 19,2020 – proAction Validation
Based on recommendations from health officials and industry organizations, your assistance is important to ensure the safety of our employees and your family. With COVID-19 being potentially lethal, the protocols implemented require best practices of our staff, including:
- Visiting only when necessary and always by appointment. Our employees will call our clients in advance to confirm that no one at the farm presents any COVID-19 symptoms and that the number of people present during the visit be minimized.
- Our employees will wear a mask, glasses or face shield for your protection.
- Maintaining physical distancing of 2 meters, or 6 feet. Where this is not possible due to barn layout, we will kindly request that you also wear a mask during the milking supervision as a precaution to protect our employees.
For customers using our Advisory Service option, we have now removed the monthly ‘Value-Advice fee’ and replaced it with a visit fee, applicable only when the advisor is present on the farm.
Thank you very much for your support as our laboratory services continue to be available to meet your herd management needs.